Winners from the Crockett science fair competed in the Austin Regional Science Fair. This fair consist of many Central Texas and other school districts. Roughly 2,700 projects were entered in this year fair. Crockett students won four major awards for their projects including the following:◆ The Climate Protection Award- Analysis of Algae Biofuel Production Using a Photobioreactor
◆ The Earth Award-Analysis of Algae Biofuel Production Using a Photobioreactor
◆ 3rd Place Molecular Biology-Dynamic Hybridization Events of Central Texas Prickly Pear (Opuntia engelmannii)- Advancing to Texas State Science Fair
◆ 5th Place Robotics and Intelligent Machines-Demonstration of Mechanized Human Movement Utilizing Kinetic Motion Controlled by a Central Processing Unit.
- 7:30AM-Assemble at Crockett High school and pack up vans/bus.
- 8:30AM- Leave Crockett High School- 5601 Manchaca Rd, Austin, TX 78745
- 1:00 PM-2:30 PM-Caverns of Señora Tour-1711 Pvt Rd 4468, Sonora, TX 76950.
- Arrive at Davis Mountain State Park-TX-118, Fort Davis, TX 79734
- 6:30 PM-Campsite set up and dinner.
- Free Time: birding, swimming, hiking
- 12:00 PM- Lunch at McDonald Observatory StarDate Café
- 1:30 PM- Solar Viewing & Tour- 3640 Dark Sky Drive, Fort Davis, TX 79734
- 5:00 PM- Snakes of the Big Bend- TX-118, Fort Davis, TX 79734
- 7:00 PM- 9:00 PM— Star Party- McDonald Observatory
- Morning Sunrise
- 9:00 AM- Visit Chihuahuan Desert Nature Center-43869 Texas 118, Fort Davis, TX 79734
- 12:00 PM- Lunch in Fort Davis
- 1:30 PM- Visit Rattlers & Reptiles in Fort Davis $4 per person
- 2:30 PM- Hiking in Fort Davis State Park.
- Visit Marfa Lights
- Morning Sunrise
- 7:30 AM- Breakfast
- 9:30 AM- Drive Home- Fort Davis to Austin